Nobody is Good at Multi-Tasking!
Multi-taskers are good at getting mediocre results and fixing problems caused by neglecting details.
For a middle manager juggling chaos at a job, maybe that’s good enough.
But, if you want to be the lead dog …
… you gotta get STOP multi-tasking. I’m dead serious here.
This is what I want you to do:
Step 1: Grab your To Do List and take one item from it.
Step 2: Get it done or move it as far as you can. Better yet – delegate it.
Step 3: Then go to the next item.
Step 4: Wash, Rinse, Repeat
I’ve been around the sun a time or two and I have NEVER met a top [PUT YOUR TITLE HERE] who even attempts to multi-task.
The best of the best knows how to focus when it comes to handling multiple items needing their attention.
… They pour all their energy into doing one thing at a time.
So how do you do this?
- I put my phone on “airplane mode” – no rings, no texts, no email
- Lock the doors – a shut door does wonders at curbing distractions
- Have something to eat and drink nearby
- If you work at home – get somebody to look after the kids and the dog
- Get rid of as many distractions as you can. I actually pop in ear plugs
Twenty minutes of pure focus can produce massive results. Just twenty minutes. It’ll beat HOURS of distracted, disjointed attempts at trying to work.